FEATURED POST

Telomere - Wikipedia

Google: lengthen telomeres naturally Telomere - Wikipedia Telomeres are repetitive nucleotide sequences located at the termini of l...

Foods That Lengthen Telomeres

By Al Sears MD

 

In 1984 Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn discovered what may be the single most important anti aging discovery.

The Telomerase Enzyme.

Dr. Blackburn was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine for this discovery.
I have personally known about the importance of Telomeres for years, but until recently the only known way to really boost the length of telomeres was an outrageously expensive supplement called T-65, that only the very rich could afford.
I am so excited to report that there are now scientifically proven simple ways that the average person can boost the length of their telomeres, which slows down the aging process.
I found out about these simple protocols through one of my trusted anti aging advisers,
Dr. Al Sears

Dr. Al Sears.

Dr. Sears is considered a pioneer in anti aging medicine. He operates a successful integrative medicine and anti-aging clinic in Florida with over 25,000 patients. He is famous for his cutting-edge therapies that solve some of the most difficult-to-diagnose cases.
Dr. Sears has written 14 books and over 100 reports on health and wellness. He is also the founder and director of the Wellness Research Foundation, a non-profit research organization.
Dr. Sears was the first doctor licensed to administer groundbreaking DNA therapy that activates the gene that regulates telomerase.
After reading his report on how to Activate the Enzyme that Rebuilds Your Telomeres, I realized that this is the reason my husband seems to be growing younger. You can read all about his journey back to health in Cathey’s Immune Boosting Tips.

You may be asking what are Telomeres and why should I care?


Telomeres
Deep inside every cell in your body is a strand of DNA with a “protective tip” similar to the protective tip of a shoelace. This “protective tip” called a telomere controls aging.
Everytime your cells divide, your telomeres get shorter, which causes you to age faster. Once you run out of telomeres, cell division stops and life comes to an end.
The goal then is to keep the telomeres as long as possible therefore slowing down the aging process so that you not only feel younger, you look younger and you may even live longer.

There are simple protocols that will activate, or turn on the Telomerase Enzyme that will “rebuild” your Telomeres.

As I mentioned earlier the supplement TA-65 is one way to “flip the switch” turning on the telomerase enzyme which will lengthen your telomeres. The cost is around $500 per month.

Resveratrol
Resveratrol

According to new studies this anti-aging nutrient “significantly increases telomerase activity” by “turning on” genes that promote longevity, and “turning off” genes that promote disease.
  • Resveratrol is found in
  • Red Wine
  • Purple Grape Juice
  • Mulberries
  • Raisins
  • Acai (I buy the organic freeze dried acai and put into my morning smoothies every day)
It is very hard to get enough Reserveratrol in your daily diet. (you would have to drink 1,000 glasses or more of red wine daily)
Dr. Sears recommends taking a Resveratrol supplement with around 10mg – 20 mg for optimal telomerase activation.


Green tea
Green Tea (EGCG)

In a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition, the telomeres of green tea drinkers were .46 kilobases longer. This is equal to about 5 years of life.
The EGCG in green tea can prevent and repair cell damage and fights the effects of pollution, sunlight and smoking.
Forget the bottled green tea drinks and go for the whole tea leaves sold in specialty tea stores.

N-Acetyl-Cystein (NAC)

NAC is a potent amino acid building block of the body’s master anti-oxidant called glutathione (GSH). NAC activates the telomerase gene, often called the “fountain of youth” gene.
Dr. Sears recommends a dose of 1,800mg – to 2,400 mg a day.
I personally take Pure Encapsulations NAC.
NutsAlpha Tocopherol
This is the most well-known from of vitamin e and will protect against telomere shortening.
Researchers from Finland believe that alpha tocopherol prevents cancer by neutralizing free radicals, protecting cells from oxidation and stopping damaged cells from multiplying.
The best way to get your Vitamin E is from food.
  • Nuts
  • Nut oils
  • Seeds
  • Apples
  • Beef
  • Seafood
  • Avocados
  • Spinach.

  • You can also take 400 IU of Vitamin E with mixed tocopherols.
  • I personally take Pure Encapsulations Ultra-Synergist E.

Carlson TocotrienolsGamma Tocotrienol

One of the four lesser known forms of vitamin E, Gama Tocotrienols can extend telomere length by 16%.
It is next to impossible to get enough tocotrienols from the few foods that contain them Dr. Sears recommends a supplement with at least 20 mg of “mixed tocotrienols”.
I recommend Carlson’s Tocotrienols.

grassfedbeefL-Carnosine

Used to repair tissues and clear away toxins and it helps preserve your telomeres.

Grass fed, pasture raised meat is the best way to get carnosine from food.
If you don’t eat meat, Dr. Sears recommends taking a supplement of L-Carnosine
500 milligrams twice a day instead of all at once.

L-Arginine

Increases telomerase activity by stimulating the production of nitric oxide (NO), the molecule that relaxes the blood vessels.
Body builders have been using l-arginine for years. Taken before a workout, it gives them a “muscle pump” by getting more blood and oxygen to their muscles.
Dr. Sears recommends 500mg – 1,000 mg per day.

Vitamin C

Vitamin C

There is now evidence that vitamin c not only prevents loss of telomeres, it also increases telomerase activity in specific stem cells.
Telomeres are very sensitive to oxidation and vitamin C prevents oxidation.
Food sources of vitamin C
  • Citrus fruits
  • Cantaloupe
  • Kiwi
  • Mango
  • Papaya
  • Pineapple
  • Berries
  • Watermelon
Dr. Sears recommends 540 mg per day. (I personally take 1500 mg per day)

sunbath for Vitamin D3

Vitamin D3

Crucial for boosting the immune system, Vitamin D also activates telomerase activity by as much as 19.2%.
One of the best ways to boost Vitamin D3 is to get in the sun at least 15 minutes 3 – 5 times per week.
You can also get Vitamin D from
  • Cod Liver Oil
  • Herring
  • Catfish
  • Salmon, cooked
  • Mackerel, cooked
  • Sardines, canned in oil, drained
  • Tuna, canned in oil

Milk Thislte

Milk Thistle (silymarin extract)

This ancient herb is known for it’s detoxifying benefits. Silymarin triples telomerase activity.
Dr. Sears recommends 200 mg in capsule form twice a day.

Ginkgo Bilboa

Ginko Biloba

Known as a brain booster because it helps open up blood vessels and enhance circulation and oxygen levels. Ginkgo Biloba extract also significantly increased telomerase activity.
Dr. Sears recommends taking 40mg -80mg for 4-6 weeks then stopping for 4-6 weeks, then starting up again. If you take Ginkgo Biloba continuously it loses it’s effectiveness.
Folic Acid
Stimulates the activation of telomerase.
  • Food sources include
  • Black eyed peas
  • Lentils
  • Spinach (raw)
  • Asparagus
  • Lettuce
  • Avocade
  • Broccoli
  • Tropical Fruits
  • Oranges
  • Wheat Bread

Acetyl L-Carnitine

This amino acid is a brain booster as well as an activator of the human telomerase gene.
  • Food sources include
  • Beef steak
  • Ground Beef
  • Pork
  • Bacon.

There you have it, some simple ways to boost your telomerase activity.

I don’t believe you need to run out and buy all the supplements. My advice is to be more conscious of the telomere boosting foods and include them more often in your diet.

12 comments:

  1. Love what your doing and your nutrition rational...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Healthy life supplement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I was diagnosed March 2017 but was running around from doctor to doctor before I finally get a result that I was free from MND ALS. Mine started on top and progressed into bottom I could walk very little but need assistance as I have no balance. It is sad all time that we thought this disease has no cure with all the technology we have while there re some formulas at there that can relief all symptoms and get this of ALS  . I’m passing this info to anyone at there because totalcureherbsfoundation com has the right cure and caregiver this disease ….I took various supplements, medicine prescribed by neurologist,massage and physiotherapy still the disease is was progressing very fast until the the ALS formula from that company .

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I am already taking ALMOST all of those!! I just don't wanna suffer, PERIOD! POWER to the COWARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. cbd oil on amazon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to write a little review about the good work of Herbal Dr Wilson, who cured me from HSV 1&2 within 2 weeks of using his herbal medicine, I never believe I could be cured again and have a good life like others, I have always regretted the day I got diagnose with this virus, I become lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it, Well I am so grateful for my helper Dr Wilson, whom got me cured with his herbal medicine, I went online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found Dr Wilson email drwilsonherbs@gmail.com on a blog of someone who was cured by him, of the same herpes virus, so I quickly contacted him for help and explained all my pains to him, he told me not to worry about it there is a cure for real, I never believe until he sent me the herbal supplements when I ordered for it and I got it within 4 working days through FedEx, that is how I took the medicine for 2 weeks and the following week I went for a test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life, I am so happy right now, and forever indebted to you sir,
    You can also get in contact with Dr Wilson if you have such virus or some other such as Hiv, Herpes, Cancer, Leukaemia, Diabetes, Fibroid etc through his contact info Email:: drwilsonherbs@gmail.com WhatsApp/Call: +2348136219493
    Find more about Dr Wilson at his His website: https://drwilsonherbalcure.weebly.com/
    Or direct message me on my primary email stephanierick72@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad was diagnosed with ALS early  March to be precise, and was so confused because I love my dad and wouldn't want to lose him so soon so I decided to look for a possible solution to rid of this ALS despite knowing it has no cure as advised by the medical doctor. Everyday my dad's health depreciate keep losing weight and strength a friend advised me to try Dr.Ovie ALS herbal formula that she use to cure her dad's heart disease and I was reluctant about it until after a second thought I decided to give a try because no harm in trying immediately I contacted him he assure me my dad will be cured within few days  he sent me the medicine and I applied it on  my dad as advised by Dr. Ovie within 3weeks of using  the herbal formula my dad was cured and my dad is free from ALS I went to the hospital that said there is no cure to ALS and informed them about my dad's healing and they were surprised you can contact Dr Ovie contact Dr Ovie via email> ovie.miraclemedicine1@gmail.com or contact Dr Ovie on yahoo email> ovie.miraclemedicine1@yahoo.com contact Dr.Ovie on his website

    now https://oviemiraclemedicin.wixsite.com/mysite Call or WhatsApp Dr on +2349056393169 aaDr Ovie is also specialize in curing the following below*PARKINSON DISEASE*CANCER*STROKE*INFERTILITY*HEART DISEASE*HIV*COLD SORES*DIABETES*LUPUS DISEASE*HPV*HSV1&2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appreciation is the key to doing more. That is why I have taken some time out to thank someone who cured me of my 5 years of HSV problem. It became a major problem to me as it was affecting my marital life and I was no longer comfortable so I decided to look for a solution and I came across a post of Dr.Godday and how he has been helping people of the same problem I quickly contacted him and told him all I have been facing in my life. He told me how to get his product and how to take it after everything. I found out that all was now okay with me and that my HSV problem was gone. That is why I have come out today to say thank you to Dr.Godday . if you need cure for HIV/AIDS, Herpes, Cancer or Diabetes of all types you can contact his via email: goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com or Whats App no +2349018437588.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother was diagnosed with ALS in May 2016. Her doctor put her on riluzole, letting her know there was no cure but the medication might provide her a few more months of delayed symptoms. ALS progresses at different rates and affects different body parts first. My mother, being 73 at the time, fell into a category of what they call "fast progression" (older female). Her arms weakened first, then her hands, her mouth, and throat, and finally her lungs. Throughout her two-and-a-half-year ordeal, she was able to walk with assistance nothing was really working to help her condition.I took her off the riluzole (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started her on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis herbal formula i ordered from Health Herbal Clinic, her symptoms totally declined over a 5 weeks use of the ALS disease natural herbal formula. She's now almost 75 and doing very well, the disease is totally reversed!! Contact Dr. via : Drayabaoloyeerelu@gmail.com https://drayabasolutioncentre.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband had MND ALS, first symptom was weakness in his fingers, one day, we had a dream life with early retirement and then, when we went to find out about the weakness, our whole world almost changed. There are so many things that can be said abt the suffering and frustration of people with ALS, we look back now and realize in many ways how lucky we were to found Multivitamin herbal cure that was able to get rid of my husband ALS disease totally, we had time to enjoy life and above all we all had time to also share this great testimony , many people lose loved ones without closure. I can’t imagine going thru all that you or your family had to live with daily, do not hesitate to contact w w w multivitamincare .org for ALS cure.❤💙💚

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge. herbal clinic near me

    ReplyDelete
  12. AM DUMBRY FROM CA, AM VERY GRATEFUL TO DR OSAZE WHO CURED ME FROM SIMPLE HERPES VIRUS WITH HIS LIQUID HERBAl MEDICATION, YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT HIM VIA HIS EMAIL ADRESS ON : DROSAZEHERBAL@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAP HIM ON +2347089275769.

    ReplyDelete